Re: recommended programming language for postgresql

From: Peter Lavender <plaven(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: "Rodolfo J(dot) Paiz" <rpaiz(at)simpaticus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: recommended programming language for postgresql
Date: 2005-01-27 09:30:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 10:36 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 21:22 -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:
> > If you have to ask, then you're probably a prime candidate for PHP. I
> > prefer Perl, but it gives me features you might not need.
> >

> Wanna go into some detail here? Curious. :-)

PerlTk?

It might seem a bit odd, but I've used it to do DB stuff in a "desktop"
app.

Apart from that, I much prefer perls syntax than PHPs, and DBI in perl
is just great. The Pear (PHP) DB abstraction layer also does a fair job
of being DB agnostic, as DBI does in Perl.

At the end of hte day, I don't think it really matters. Go with what
you like. I'll use both PHP and Perl and will muck about with other
languages (like java) when the mood strikes.

--

Regards,

Pete.