About PostgreSQL 8.0

From: Jarkko Elfving <jarelf(at)ebaana(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: About PostgreSQL 8.0
Date: 2005-01-22 22:13:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

I've started to learn SQL about 6 months ago, and now I'd upgraded
PostgreSQL 7.4 to new release 8.0. After upgrading I start to read the
README file (how stupid I was) and there were instructions to how to do
it; the upgrade I mean. Now I'm wondering, server is not running because
fileformat or something like that is wrong - I did the upgrade wrongly.
I do not have any relevant data in the Postgre database, so I don't need
to backup it (which was one point of the upgrading). How I must have to
proceed that I can start the Postgre server? Do I use the initdb command
and if I do, how I do it with default locations? I'm very new on
PostgreSQL and do not have much experience on SQL. I'm running on FC3.

I hope that you understand what my problem is. I will explain more, if
you don't.

Plz, help me.

--
Jarkko Elfving <jarelf(at)ebaana(dot)net>