Re: Multiline plpython procedure

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiline plpython procedure
Date: 2005-01-21 09:13:42
Lists: pgsql-general

> Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu> writes:
> > Egads. So the set of valid Python programs is different depending on what
> > platform you're on? That's just, uhm, insane.
>
> No quibble here.

Funny discussion. Did you ever try a shell script written on
dos/windows, transferred binary to *nix, with for example bash?
Strange errors at the #! line? Yes. Here you are. You cant
blame python for it.

Python bytecode however is in fact running on every platform.

I think an approach where plpython compiles just like plpgsql
should be perfectly valid.
--
Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>