Re: pg_restore

From: "Niederland" <niederland(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore
Date: 2005-01-20 08:19:36
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers-win32

More Info:
If I perform a backup of my database with PGAdmin3. I can restore
the database via the command line pg_restore. It seems as if the
backup created with pg_restore when issued from a winXP command prompt
does not create a file that the pg_restore can read... At least for the
file types Compress and Tar. Which I need to use since my database
contains blobs.

One other item: Issuing an pg_restore -C -d myDB myDB.backup
Did not create the database myDB and complained that the database did
not exist. I had to first create the database and then the pg_restore
functioned correctly (without -C option).