Re: Accessing schema data in information schema

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Accessing schema data in information schema
Date: 2006-03-23 17:47:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at> writes:
> Of course if we still need one row in pg_class for the ACL's, that row
> might as well be a view.

Yeah, view or view-like thingie. Given the thought that we need both
transactional and nontransactional state for a sequence, I'm kind of
inclined to leave the transactional data in pg_class. We could still
imagine putting the nontransactional state into a new pg_sequence
catalog indexed by, say, the pg_class OID of the sequences. OTOH I'm
not sure how much that buys for Peter's problem --- it might be better
for him just to invent some functions that can grab the required data
given the sequence OID.