Re: psql tab-complete

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Victor Spirin <v(dot)spirin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql tab-complete
Date: 2019-10-24 21:48:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Victor Spirin <v(dot)spirin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> writes:
> I found some problem with tab-complete in the 12 version.  I checked
> this in the Windows.

This change seems to break the case intended by the comment,
ie given the context

SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE <tab>

we want to offer the columns of "tablename" as completions.

I'd be the first to agree that that's completely lame, as there
are any number of related cases it fails to cover ... but this
patch isn't making it better.