Re: Problem with database: FATAL 1: cannot find attribute 24

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Tauren Mills" <tauren(at)servlets(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Problem with database: FATAL 1: cannot find attribute 24
Date: 2001-09-17 20:34:48
Lists: pgsql-general

"Tauren Mills" <tauren(at)servlets(dot)net> writes:
> Then, I try running postgres like this:
> bash$ postgres -d 5 -D /var/lib/pgsql/data dans_pgsql
> AATAL 1: cannot find attribute 24 of relation

Since there aren't any system catalogs with as many as 24 columns, the
problem is clearly a level or two down from where the error is being
reported. Try running that standalone backend under gdb with a
breakpoint set at elog, and get a stack trace when the error is reached.
(Note that each of the "debug" messages also goes through elog, so the
first elog entry is not the one you want.)

You might have to recompile with debugging symbols enabled to get any
useful information from gdb.