Re: pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib database.tcl mainli ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib database.tcl mainli ...
Date: 2001-02-07 21:47:36
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Tom, we really can't modify these because Constantin keeps the master
> copies. Can you send a diff to him so he can roll it into the next
> release?

I don't think that's a very tenable policy for code that we keep in our
CVS tree. Any kind of search-and-replace change is likely to hit
pgaccess as well as other code; are you going to always be alert enough
to slap people on the wrist when they make a change without thinking who
owns the "master" file?

Perhaps we should remove pgaccess from our CVS tree and have it be
shipped as a separate package.