Restore functionality in 1.2RC2 and [possibile] feature request

From: "Keith C(dot) Perry" <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restore functionality in 1.2RC2 and [possibile] feature request
Date: 2004-11-30 15:34:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

I might have missed this in a previous discussion but is the "restore" function
working as of RC2 or is it not complete. The reason I ask is because one of the
things I think would be useful (but maybe not easy to implement) is being about
to have the copy command work files on the same node as pgadmin instead of the
database server's filesystem. I would really like to upload my datasets without
having to ftp the file to the server first. The backup/restore functionality
provide a bit of a help in that it work with the filesystem you are running the
client from.

Backup (table dumping) seems to work but when I tried to restore, the OK button
stays greyed out.

Also, in regards to the "copy" function. Are there any plans to have this work
with the local filesystem?

Thanks in advance

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.