Re: [pgsql-www] Small issue in online devel documentation build

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Small issue in online devel documentation build
Date: 2017-03-04 03:00:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On 3/2/17 05:50, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> (2) do use absolute sizes in the CSS, not relative ones like "1.3em"
> which accumulate multiplications when code appears in code,
> and count on the navigator ctrl-+/- for users to adjust size
> consistently to their needs.

I think what you are looking at is the web site stylesheet. The whole
thing looks fine to me using the default stylesheet. On the web site,
it looks wrong to me too. I don't know what the rationale for using
1.3em for <code> is, but apparently it's not working correctly.

We could perhaps consider which markup style is better, but the problem
is that it's hard to enforce either way going forward. So we need to
find the root of the problem.