Linux DBDesigner4 and PostgreSQL

From: Eric <ericg(at)conceptid(dot)ca>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux DBDesigner4 and PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-11-09 08:23:17
Lists: pgsql-general

I need help to connect DBDesigner4 linux in ODBC to postgres.

I'm having a problem connecting to a remote Postgres db using ODBC from
my Debian Linux laptop. I've got ODBC set up (UnixODBC). In DBDesigner
I'm simply trying to set up the connection using the ODBC datasource,
but I keep getting the following error message:

"Connection to database failed.
Unable to Load libdbxoodbc.so"

Also, I would like to know if I use a model designer tool connected in
ODBC to postgres, will I have all postgres feature like if it was native
support?