Re: Sixth Draft

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sixth Draft
Date: 2004-09-01 18:57:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 13:53, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > failover capabilities funded by Internet domain registry Afilias.
> > > - PostgreSQL added to its roster of stored procedure languages with
> > > PL/PerlNG and PL/PHP which were sponsored by consultancy Command
> > > Prompt, Inc. as well as PL/Java and the .Net provider Npgsql.
> >
> > I think it would be be easier to read if formated as:
> >
> > - PostgreSQL added to its roster of stored procedure
> > languages with:
> > - PL/PerlNG and PL/PHP (sponsored by consultancy Command Prompt)
> > - PL/Java
> > - .Net Provider Npgsql
>
> Npgsql is not a procedural language. In this list it looks to be grouped
> under that, which is incorrect. It's a database driver.

Furthermore I think talking about plperlNG is confusing, since it is the
same code that is called plperl in the release package. Also wasn't
plphp released for 7.4 ? Same with pljava really... I think this should
be reworded to something like

"PostgreSQL has beefed up several areas of its language
interoperability including the procedural languages PL/Perl, PL/PHP and
PL/Java, and the .net data provider Npgsql."

Robert Treat