copy a database

From: David Suela Fernández <dsuela(at)xsto(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: copy a database
Date: 2004-08-25 12:35:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

Is it possible to copy/migrate one database from one postgres server to
other copying just the files in /var/lib/postgres/data/ ?

I can't use pg_dump because it give me an error. I think than the
instalation of postgres is corrupt because it give me a lot of error
like "ERROR: relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist".

Thanks,

Suela.