Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-13 23:21:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> I've been to several conventions and exhibitions of highly varying kind,
> and I've never heard anyone say, "we would like to use PostgreSQL, but
> our misinformed boss won't allow it". It's always about, when is this

Actually, my current employer has the fear that using PostgreSQL (rather
than an Oracle, DB2, etc.) will devalue the company when the time comes
to sell it. He's been quietly pushing to remove a number of components
in the environment that are of the more unusual type, to replace them
with more standard (accepted) components.