Re: Wrong version number on bug form (again) (still)

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong version number on bug form (again) (still)
Date: 2004-08-11 21:08:03
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 14:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> The pop-up list at http://www.postgresql.org/bugform.html
> offers "7.5 Dev", which probably ought to be replaced by "8.0".
>
> Actually I wonder that we shouldn't get rid of the popup and
> just make the version a text entry field. Seems like the
> list is *always* out of date. (It's still missing 7.4.1 and later,
> for example.) We've seen people complain about that before.

I am guessing the concern is that this forces people to pick something
rather than not reporting a version at all. (Note, this isn't an
objection to the idea, I'm rather ambivalent myself)

At a minimum Marc should add a note to his release process to either
update this file or send email to webmaster to update the file. In the
mean time I have updated this with 8.0 Beta and all 7.4.x versions.

Robert Treat