Status of "associative functions" in php-pgsql?

From: Steve Bergman <steve(at)rueb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Status of "associative functions" in php-pgsql?
Date: 2004-08-06 02:19:51
Lists: pgsql-php

I have not been able to find any documentation on the "associative
functions" of php-pgsql (e.g. pg_insert) which supposedly build queries
based upon an associative array passed to them. It's not a big deal, I
guess, but this would save a few lines of code in various places. I have
heard that they were implemented in php 4.2 or so, but were considered
experimental, and yet there is no sign of them in the documentation for
php5.

Like I say, it's not a huge problem, but the "insert" syntax (insert
into table set field='value') of MySQL is nicer, and makes for more
readable code, when building a query in a loop.

Thanks for any pointers,

Steve