Re: [GENERAL] trash talk

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: "Scott Ribe" <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] trash talk
Date: 2004-08-05 16:38:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 09:01, Scott Ribe wrote:
> > Interesting, IBM is saying that the code is worth 85M dollars!
>
> Well... Actually they're saying: "we paid $85M for it, now we're giving it
> away, aren't we generous?"

Hey guys, after reading the article, I began a dialog with Lisa Vaas,
the author, and we had quite a civil discourse over it.

It would seem that she, like many others, WAS under the mistaken
apprehension that PostgreSQL inc pretty much was THE company behind
PostgreSQL, and that PostgreSQL was built on the same basic business
model as MySQL is. I republish a fair bit of our dialog here:

FIRST EMAIL FROM ME: