Re: autovauum integration patch: Attempt #4

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovauum integration patch: Attempt #4
Date: 2004-08-03 03:41:49
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 21:36, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm not sure what we do now. I can't apply this in its current state,
> > and I do not have time to fix it. I don't really want to push it in
> > and assume we can fix the problems during beta ...
>
> I see. :-(
>
> I know Matthew just got back from being away so perhaps he has time to
> address some of these. I say we see if he can and move on the other
> open items and see where this is when they are complete.

Yes I'm here, and I'm quite willing to put some more work into this. I
really want to see autovac in 7.5/8.0.

I have been pushing for a while to get some feedback on my patch since I
knew it would be considered a little "rough around the edges" to put it
mildly.

I will do what I can to improve the patch as long as people think there
is a decent chance of getting it applied.

Matthew