Re: weird strncmp bug while executing trigger?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: anand(at)blandings(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: weird strncmp bug while executing trigger?
Date: 2002-06-29 01:29:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Anand <anand(at)blandings(dot)com> writes:
> Am I doing something wrong here? Or is this genuinely a bug?

You should allow 7.2's createlang to create the function and language
declaration --- that will produce the correct, forward-portable
$libdir-relative path for the shared library.

It is undoubtedly a bug that prior releases generated absolute paths
for shared library references, but unless you have a time machine
handy there is little we can do about that :-(