SSL URL

From: Phil Moors <pmoors(at)ncric(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSL URL
Date: 2004-07-21 20:32:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

pg 7.4.2-1
pg74.214.jdbc3.jar

I'd like to use this jdbc driver with ColdFusion. However, CF seems to
have hard coded their jdbc driver configuration to only accept some
standard parameters. I can't find a way to pass SSLMODE=require to the
darn thing. The CF manual also says that the use of CONNECTSTRING is not
enabled for the jdbc interface. Go figure.

Where would I tweak the source to set the jdbc driver to default to SSL?
It's okay if this completely disables clear text mode. I took a quick
grep through the pg source and didn't see an obvious place, other than
the backend server. In poking through the contents of the jar file, I
see ssl and javax/net, but don't see these referenced in the pg source.
Sorry, I'm just not a Java guy (buries head).

I'd rather get native SSL support than use stunnel.

TIA
Phil