Re: Swapping in 7.4.3

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: jim(dot)ewert(at)excite(dot)com
Cc: matthew(at)zeut(dot)net, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Swapping in 7.4.3
Date: 2004-07-15 16:20:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

This is normal. My personal workstation has been up for 16 days, and it
shows 65 megs used for swap. The linux kernel looks for things that
haven't been accessed in quite a while and tosses them into swap to free
up the memory for other uses.

This isn't PostgreSQL's fault, or anything elses. It's how a typical
Unix kernel works. I.e. you're seeing a problem that simply isn't
there.