Re: getXXX methods

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: getXXX methods
Date: 2004-07-07 19:53:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Ok, it appears (at least from my understanding) that Kris is correct
here.

I had a look at the sql2003 proposed spec (ISO/IEC 9075-2:2003(E)), and
it states:

A number is assignable only to sites of numeric type. If an assignment
of some number would result in a loss of it's most significant digit, an
exception conditions is raised. If least significant digits are lost,
implementation defined rounding, or truncation occurs, with no exception
condition being raised.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer