Re: make in fedora 2

From: "Scot L(dot) Harris" <webid(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich(dot)vic(at)portalvu(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make in fedora 2
Date: 2004-07-07 12:51:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 08:20, Dave Page wrote:

> For some reason FC2 doesn't want to run under virtual pc 2004. Has
> anyone got an FC2/x86 box they can try a build on (my test box is AMD64
> at present)? It should be possible using wxWidgets CVS tip with the
> following patches (as tested by Andreas :-) ):
>
> =====
> wxGTK CVS needs some patches, a recent cumulative patch is now separated
> into 6:
>
> 984864 gtk notebook page style
> 984861 styles of combobox/listbox items
> 984859 wxStaticText c'tor uses SetLabel
> 984858 InheritAttributes in wxWindow::PostCreation
> 984853 Prevent overriding individual font (apparently now in CVS so
> shouldn't be required)
> 984852 Typo in gtk/toplevel.cpp (apparently now in CVS so shouldn't be
> required)
> ====
>
> Regards, Dave

I have a test FC2 box that I can setup to make the build. Not sure I
can get to it until this weekend however. I will also need to sort out
how to pull the source from CVS as I have not done that before.

I have built the wx/pgadmin tarballs on a Redhat 8.0 system
successfully.

If you can provide some pointers on how you want this done I will take a
shot at it.

Let me know how I can assist.

--
Scot L. Harris