Re: Upgrade 7.4.1 to 7.4.3 not working

From: mike g <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: Mark Lubratt <mark(dot)lubratt(at)indeq(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade 7.4.1 to 7.4.3 not working
Date: 2004-07-01 03:44:35
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Can you read cygserver.log?

Did the cygserver service start successfully anyway? That normally runs
under a local system account rather than the account you installed it
under. If it is not running the postmaster will not start.

Files can have different permissions than the directories themselves.
Did you check those? By chance did you install cygserver under a
different user account then the one you are trying to run the configure
script in?

Did you also upgrade the cygwin dll from 1.5.9 to 1.5.10 / install using
the latest setup.exe from www.cygwin.com and not a previous setup.exe
from the 7.4.1 install?