Re: question about which column(s) are the right foreign key

From: Markus Bertheau <twanger(at)bluetwanger(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, Josh Berkus <josh(at)aligodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: question about which column(s) are the right foreign key
Date: 2004-06-25 15:12:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

As a follow up, I now have object versions with the combined primary key
(object id, date and time of object version creation). Now when I need
to refer to an object version in a foreign key, do I let the object id
column itself reference the objects table in addition to it being part
of the foreign key to the object versions table?

Thanks.

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger(at)bluetwanger(dot)de>