Re: Getting the new cygserver to run

From: mike g <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: David Riggs <dariggs(at)nichibun(dot)ac(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting the new cygserver to run
Date: 2004-06-24 01:43:59
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,

If you followed the 7.4.1 readme as a service when you installed it as a
service the first time it would have referenced ipc-daemon2. To remove
the service do the following at a bash prompt, cygrunsrv -R postmaster.

That will uninstall the postmaster service. You can then reinstall the
postmaster service as mention in 7.4.3 Readme,

Adding /usr/sbin to your path is necessary only if you did not create a
system variable for cygwin. If you used control panel->system->advanced
tab->environment variables: Did you create the cygwin variable in the
top section or the bottom section? For cygserver to run as a
service(normally under a local system account and not your user account)
you must create the variable in the bottom / system section. You do
need administrator rights to add system variables.

Hope that helps.

Mike