Re: [GENERAL] Building pgadmin on Fedora core 2

From: "Scot L(dot) Harris" <webid(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Building pgadmin on Fedora core 2
Date: 2004-06-23 14:07:26
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 09:56, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> Would it be better for us to put a patch into our wxWindows tree for
> this, rather than patching gtk? Do we really want to maintain a gtk
> patch as well? Also, I've built pgAdmin3 on a fresh FC2 without having
> to patch anything, which means that there are probably changes in the
> wxWindows tree to fix this. Perhaps we can backport them?
>
> ahp

I for one would much prefer a patch in the wxWindows code. I am
reluctant to start maintaining a different version of gtk+ just for this
application.

It is interesting that you managed to build pgadmin3 on FC2. That is
where I started working on this. Did you use a newer version of
wxWindows?

wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20031010-7.tar is the version I have been trying to
use. I built it just fine on an RedHat 8.0 system but on FC2 I get the
errors reported previously.

pgadmin3-1.0.2.tar.gz is the pgadmin3 version I am using. I also had to
track down a patch to fix a problem with the configure script for this
version. pgadmin3_1.0.2-0.1.diff. I found this in the archives.

The only other issue I ran into was making sure I had ssl support
complied into postgresql-7.4.2 since the pgadmin make file appear to be
unable to deal with not having ssl support included.

So what versions of these packages did you get to compile under FC2
without problems?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com

Tomorrow, this will be part of the unchangeable past but fortunately,
it can still be changed today.