Re: PGSQL Manager

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: "Rinku Shivnani" <rinku_pgsql(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGSQL Manager
Date: 2004-06-13 16:39:05
Lists: pgsql-php

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 08:20, Rinku Shivnani wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Wd you pls tell me how to configure PGSQL manager on Win98.
>
> I have downloaded its trial version and installed it. But the system
> says Connection not succeed.
>
> Wd you pls guide me on the same.

The likely problem is your database server, not win98. You need to edit
two files and restart the system to gain remote access.

You need these lines in these files, located in $PGDATA on the database
server:

postgresql.conf:
tcpip_socket = true

pg_hba.conf:
host all all 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0 md5

Then restart your pgsql instance and the changes should take effect.