Re: Database->ServerEncoding, ClientEncoding (again)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database->ServerEncoding, ClientEncoding (again)
Date: 2002-02-25 20:30:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE allegedly said:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Also, we need to set Schema->Encoding. This is to define what client
> encoding is used for schema creation. For example, I would like to use
> Latin1 for writing functions.

As I said in my previous message, we can only set it once for each
database, otherwise it will become unpredictable as you jump from window
to window.

The only other option I can think of, would be to open a dedicated
connection for each SQL window, but this would:

a) waste resources.
b) bypass logging, query recording etc. in pgSchema (definately not
acceptable).

Regards, Dave.