createuser error

From: Dan Thompson <dthompson(at)wv-cis(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: createuser error
Date: 2004-06-06 11:54:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, I'm new to databases.

I'm using version 7.4 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. I'm trying to
install sql-ledger featured in a recent article in Linux Journal.
Postgres is running, and I haved initialized the database. The next step
seems to be creating the program user. My instructions say to :

# su postgres
$ createuser -d sql-ledger

I get this error:

createuser: relocation error: createuser: undefined symbol: get_progname

I don't really know where to go from here.

Thanks,
Dan Thompson