Re: Techdocs v2

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Techdocs v2
Date: 2004-06-03 12:53:42
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 08:24, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Is anyone working on v2 of techdocs? The last 'new' version I saw was
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2 which looks promising, if a little
> stagnant at the moment (not surprising given the lack of advertising
> it's had).
>
> Any thoughts how we could move things forward?

IIRC that is the wiki site that Justin started but later abandoned due
to software issues and then "retirement", so no one is working on that
v2. Josh was leading some folks on a bricolage version of the site but
I believe that sputtered out due to lack of time to actually get
everything working under bric. I've currently got things in CVS in an
effort to keep things up and running, though haven't put any major
effort into new development whilst waiting for www-v3 to be finished up.

I have been investigating some wikis myself for a new version of
techdocs, and I think I could settle on twiki, or at least if Marc wants
to install it (it should be in ports) I'd be willing to put some content
up.

My other leaning is toward mediawiki, though it is my$ql based so
probably not the best option. I've recently started kicking around the
code, and if anyone is interested in porting it to postgresql please
lmk, but from a realistic time sense twiki seems like my personal pick

Robert Treat