Re: width_bucket() per SQL2003 (WIP)

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: width_bucket() per SQL2003 (WIP)
Date: 2004-05-14 21:55:59
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 23:45, Tom Lane wrote:
> MHO: you already spent more time on this than it deserves. What you
> have sounds fine.

I applied the patch in basically its current form (I added some minimal
docs and fixed a few cosmetic details). I haven't implemented variants
of it for other datatypes, I may do that in the future. In any case, the
numeric-only implementation should be sufficient to conform to the
standard...

-Neil