Re: Procedure failing after upgrade

From: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: patkins <patkins(at)killinglyschools(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Procedure failing after upgrade
Date: 2004-05-05 17:49:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 09:32, patkins wrote:
> All,
>
> I just upgraded to the latest version from 7.2.x and now a procedure is failing.
>
> Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Please include the actual error message produced. That said, I'm getting
an interesting error. It appears as if the integer array type is being
confused for a boolean.

WHILE id_array[count_it] LOOP

It is expecting WHILE <boolean> LOOP. Make the id_array[count_it]
expression into a boolean rather than an integer. Something like:

WHILE id_array[count_it] IS NOT NULL LOOP