Re: Press Release Party

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Press Release Party
Date: 2004-04-23 15:33:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 02:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > No can do. A press release only "works" if it has impact, which
> > means, among other things, keeping the contents relatively under
> > wraps until it's officially launched.
>
> Another feature of a press release is that those in whose name it is
> made know what they are committing to. If only, say, three people know
> what is going to be announced, then you can make the announcement in
> the name of those three people, but not in the name of "the PostgreSQL
> project". Otherwise you're just lying.

The core team has always been authorized to speak on behalf of the
project without having to clear it through public lists. Josh is a
member of the core team, and as such should be given the same of
flexibility and trust to speak on the projects behalf when appropriate.
If you have an issue with the dynamics of the core team acting in this
regard, then let's have that discussion.

Robert Treat