Re: New News Entry

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New News Entry
Date: 2004-04-14 18:25:56
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 14:06, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Robert Treat wrote:

> > > How about we drop it from the main page and instead I'll put a blurb in
> > > the weekly news with the mention to contact Bruce/Core if your company
> > > would like to help fund development. Once we get actual patches into CVS
> > > for these features, we can add news items for them attributing
> > > sponsorship of the feature to whomever funded it. This will also give us
> > > some pre-buzz about upcoming features for the next release, but not ones
> > > that are vaporware.
> >
> > I think it is a valid news item because it highlights (well known)
> > companies funding PostgreSQL development. Just ditch the feature list.
>
> Agreed here too ... then it becomes no different then "SRA hires Bruce
> Momjian" ... but, I think those doing the work should be mentioned as
> well, no?

If you add the names of developers, isn't the very next question going
to be "what are you guys up to?"

Of course just saying fujitsu is funding development will leads people
to ask who and what so I am not sure I see the point in any of it if we
don't do full disclosure...

Incidentally someone ought to update the TODO list to mark down who is
tackling what, which is another place we can mention fujitsu's
sponsorship if people want.

Robert Treat