Re: Obtaining information on the schema of tables which

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Ariel <pgsqlinterfaces(at)netzach(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Obtaining information on the schema of tables which
Date: 2005-12-15 07:13:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Daniel Ariel <pgsqlinterfaces(at)netzach(dot)co(dot)il> writes:
> Is the required work to update to SQL2003 merely an update of the SQL of
> the views in information_schema ? If it would expedite matters I would
> be willing to help modify the SQL accordingly.

Possibly that's all that's needed, or maybe we need some changes to the
C-code functions that provide the protection-checking infrastructure for
the information_schema views. The first step is to analyze exactly what
changed between the SQL99 and SQL2003 definitions of these views, and
then look at how this ought to fit in with Postgres' security features
(which are not 100% identical to what the spec thinks...). If you've
got some time to spend on this, by all means hop aboard.