Re: force_not_null option support for file_fdw

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kohei Kaigai <Kohei(dot)Kaigai(at)EMEA(dot)NEC(dot)COM>, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: force_not_null option support for file_fdw
Date: 2011-09-16 20:40:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> (2011/09/09 0:47), Kohei Kaigai wrote:
>> makeString() does not copy the supplied string itself, so it is not preferable to reference
>> NameStr(attr->attname) across ReleaseSysCache().

> Oops, fixed.
> [ I should check some of my projects for this issue... ]

I've committed this with some mostly-cosmetic revisions, notably

* use defGetBoolean, since this ought to be a plain boolean option
rather than having its own private idea of which spellings are accepted.

* get rid of the ORDER BY altogether in the regression test case ---
it seems a lot safer to assume that COPY will read the data in the
presented order than that text will be sorted in any particular way.