Re: Importing the dump file in postgresql-7.4.23

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: saravanan <saravanan(dot)kcse(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing the dump file in postgresql-7.4.23
Date: 2011-07-12 13:19:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

saravanan <saravanan(dot)kcse(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I'm using PostgreSQL-7.4.23 version. I have one dump file that was taken
> using pg_dumpall utility. Now i tried to import the dump file. But its
> throwing me lot of *Invalid Command \N error* , *ERROR: type tsvector does
> not exist* and *\t: extra argument "string" ignored error*

Look at the *first* error (which you did not show us). I'm betting it's
something along the line of a missing library file, eg contrib/tsearch2
not available. A missing datatype would cascade to table creation
failures, and then to COPY commands failing. The stuff you did show us
looks like the detritus from failed COPY commands.

regards, tom lane

PS: You do know that 7.4.x was obsoleted some time ago, no?