Are Triggers Synchronous

From: Shri Shrikumar <shri(at)urbyte(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Are Triggers Synchronous
Date: 2004-02-29 16:49:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right list for this question, so if its
not, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Anyways, I would like to know if triggers are synchronous in Postgresql.
I have a PHP application and when executing a query, I would like the
queries to wait until the triggers have completed execution before
returning to the application.

Is this possible?

Thanks and best wishes,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar U R Byte Solutions Tel: 0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant Edinburgh, Scotland Mob: 0773 980 3499
Web: www.urbyte.com Email: shri(at)urbyte(dot)com