Re: invalid memory alloc request size

From: "cnliou" <cnliou(at)so-net(dot)net(dot)tw>
To: "" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: invalid memory alloc request size
Date: 2004-02-25 15:17:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom, Thank you very much!

>> configure --enable-multibyte=UNICODE
>> locale is zh_TW.Big5
>
>> IIRC, when I did "initdb -E UNICODE" or "createdb db1", I
>> saw the following message from pgsql:
>> ...locale "C"...
>
>Uh ... you're being self-contradictory about the locale
setting.
>Please show us the result of "show lc_collate" and "show
lc_ctype"
>just to remove doubt.
>
>Also, it's hard to reproduce your example when we don't
know the
>data types of the table columns...

db1=# show lc_collate;
lc_collate
------------
(1 row)

db1=# show lc_ctype;
lc_ctype
----------
(1 row)

db1=# \d x53
Table "public.x53"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+-----------------------+-----------
f0 | character varying(20) |
f1 | character varying(20) |
f3 | character varying(20) |
f4 | "char" |
f5 | character(3) |
f6 | numeric |
f7 | numeric |
f8 | character varying(20) |
f9 | "char" |
f10 | character varying(80) |
f11 | character varying(20) |
f12 | character varying(20) |
f99 | character varying(20) |

Can contradictory locale settings produce completely wrong
SELECT result in addition to server's death (it happened
once)?

Regards,
CN