Re: query optimization differs between view and explicit

From: Reece Hart <reece(at)in-machina(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query optimization differs between view and explicit
Date: 2004-01-30 19:27:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

Stephan, Tom-

Thanks. I now see that DISTINCT can't be moved within the plan as I
thought. This is exactly the thinko that I was hoping someone would
expose.

I've decided to abandon the DISTINCT clause. The view is more general
and sufficiently fast without it, and callers can always add it
themselves to achieve what I was doing in the explicit query.

I appreciate your time.

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://www.in-machina.com/~reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0