Re: Best practice? Web application: single PostgreSQL

From: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: "Keith G(dot) Murphy" <keithmur(at)mindspring(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best practice? Web application: single PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-01-14 16:10:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Mensaje citado por "scott.marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>:

> > 1) have the web server connecting to the database using its own user
> > account (possibly through ident), and controlling access to different
> > database entities strictly through the application itself
[snip]

> I do 1. different language (PHP) same basic thing though. All security
> is handled by ACLS I build myself in Postgresql and interrogate via my own
> application.

In the case of PHP there are very nice ACL stuff in PEAR, like PEAR::Auth.

I personally do all the auth stuff by myself (table with users, table with
function, table with permissions, etc.), just like Scott. :-)

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués | Programador, DBA