Re: GSS Authentication

From: greigwise(at)comcast(dot)net
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Bryan Montgomery <monty(at)english(dot)net>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSS Authentication
Date: 2010-06-16 15:13:40
Lists: pgsql-general

OK. So, to get it to use a different encryption type, I'm thinking I'd have to specify that when I create the keytab (and then uncheck the Use DES option on the account setup in Windows). So, when I created my keytab, I used a command like this on the AD side:

ktpass -princ POSTGRES/host(dot)domain(dot)com(at)DOMAIN(dot)COM -crypto DES-CBC-MD5 -mapuser host -pass mypasswd -out postgres.keytab

So for the -crypto option, what would be your recommendation for what I should use and would this require changes on the DB server side?

Thanks again.

Greig