Cursor Not Found

From: Lynn(dot)Tilby(at)asu(dot)edu
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ltilby(at)asu(dot)edu
Subject: Cursor Not Found
Date: 2004-01-02 05:10:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I have an embedded sql program with a while loop. I declare
and open a cursor before the while. The fetch forward next
is inside the while. The first time through the while
the cursor works perfectly the second time I get the error:

sql error PerformPortalFetch: portal "foo_crsr" not found

I have implemented this sequence in other programs and
it has worked flawlessly as it should.

I cannot include the code here as it is proprietary.

I was just wondering if anyone had seen anything like
this before and could possibly shed some light on it.
I am continuing to look on the net for solutions.

Thanks for your help,
Lynn