Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: "Keith C(dot) Perry" <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2003-12-29 20:24:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Quoting "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>:

> >This concerns me. This is the second time recently someone has said
> something
> >is NOT documented and it it turn out it is.
> >
> >So my question is (no offense to anyone) are the web sites not "clear"
> enough to
> >find information quickly or are people just being lax/lazy when they are
> searching.
> >

> Well, at anything greater than 1024x768 the "docs" link on the main site
> is near invisible. The font size is fine, but combined with the color scheme
> and location, it can be hard to spot... Mainly, I think because the page
> is so busy.

Agreed- I was hoping some else would say that.

> If you look at the front page the first thing you see is News which is fine,
> but IMHO the first thing should be the nav bar comes before News but
> News is big, bold print.
>
> Also searching the PostgreSQL docs is a useless venture. I just typed in
> trigger and hit search.... 20 seconds later I am still waiting.

I mentioned that earlier in this thread.

> Why don't we just add Google search to the page?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

That and it is possible to propose a new layout. Something that is somewhat
consistant across the major sites (www,gborg,techdoc,advocacy)? And yes, I'd be
will to do some work on that.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications