Re: Outdated docs on techdocs

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Outdated docs on techdocs
Date: 2003-12-18 16:44:10
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 11:26, David Fetter wrote:
> Kind people,
>
> There are some pieces of techdocs that now supply inaccurate info.
> For example,
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/updatingcolumns.php
>
> says some things that are no longer true about ALTER TABLE, which is
> confusing at best. Is there some way to remove it pending edits? I'd
> be happy to do the edits :)

Well... I can see that information being useful to people on older
systems, so I can add a disclaimer that some of the information no
longer applies to newer versions of postgresql until you can get the
editing done. alternatively you could rewrite the article as an update
for 7.4 systems, and I'll just put a note that the old article is being
keep for historical purposes...

Robert Treat