Database Developer at top electronic broker

From: David OBoyle <david(at)ijcpartners(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Developer at top electronic broker
Date: 2012-04-10 17:18:18
Lists: pgsql-jobs

If interested kindly email a word version of resume to david(at)ijcpartners(dot)com .

Title:

Database Architect/Developer Top Electronic Broker

Skills:
SQL, Database design

Pay Rate:
Competitive Salary

Job Description:

We are a top electronic broker seeking a driven and high achieving database programmer to work with an equally smart and programmer-driven team on industry-defining systems.?
We are looking for a programmer who has an extreme focus on code quality and refinement.?

Are you a strong programmer who wants to advance your career by learning more about finance and automated trading?

If so, that's what this company is about.?
We are one of the fastest growing brokers in the world, offering award winning tools to serious traders around the globe. Our team offers a unique opportunity to join the best of the best and expand your career by exposure to the entire breadth of exchange-traded financial products.

Interactive Brokers Group is a leader in the global electronic brokerage industry.
Using its advanced order routing technology the company executes more than 1,000,000 trades per day on over eighty market centers worldwide. Electronic trading of stocks, options, futures, foreign exchange, bonds, and mutual funds is available to a customer from a single brokerage account. The firm provides sophisticated order routing and decision support services to both professional and retail clients. Its brokerage fees are the lowest in the industry and are made possible by the use of powerful and extensive computer automation. Company has more than 650 employees and has consolidated equity capital in excess of $4 billion.

About You:

You will be responsible for helping to develop our database of over 3 million trade-able assets including commodity, equity, and debt segments. The database and supporting systems handle feeds from more than 50 exchanges, clearing houses and data providers. The database provides customers, internal systems, and proprietary trading groups with the information required to execute trades and to evaluate and price assets.??
You will be supporting some of the most sophisticated trading systems in the world and will be exposed to the latest advances in automating every aspect of trading. You will be critical to the growth of our product offering and our customer base.This is also an opportunity to develop a broad understanding of both the trading mechanics and fundamentals of financial instruments as well as to extend your expertise in developing large-scale database systems.

In addition, the group develops web-based applications to support operational services including processing of corporate actions and derivative adjustments.
These tools are used by the operators within the group and by other groups within the firm.
These will offer extensive opportunities to extend one?s skills in middle-tier frameworks.

Duties for this position will include the design, development, and support of Oracle-based batch processing, Perl and java applications, as well as database design and development. A successful candidate will also be highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
You must be intellectually curious!

Key Requirements:

SQL

- At least three years of professional experience

Relational Database Design
- Strong fundamental understanding

Software Engineering
-
Very strong understanding of software engineering practices.?
High attention to code quality. At least 5 years of professional programming.

Query Tuning
Ability to tune database code to reduce runtime and execution costsS

Problem Solving - Strong analytical and problem solving abilities

Communications - Excellent verbal and written communications

Education - Bachelors degree in Engineering or Science

Environment - Experience with Unix/Linux development

Ideal Requirements:

PL/SQL - Strong knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL will be a major advantage

Perl - Perl programming experience is a plus

Java - Experience with EJB Servers (particularly JBoss), Tomcat, Spring, and JSP

Regards,

David

David O'Boyle

Research Associate