Re: Problem with view upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: michael(at)synchronicity(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with view upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3
Date: 2003-03-17 21:50:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Michael Brusser <michael(at)synchronicity(dot)com> writes:
> Generally it seem to work, but it breaks while attempting to load
> one view definition. Server complains about nonexistant function -
> varchar(int), as far as I remember.

Yeah, we removed the int->varchar cast because it was redundant with
int->text, and caused operator resolution failures in some cases.

> There's no problem if I try to manually create the view in the way it was
> created in the old database:

Re-enter the view, then. The || expression will come out as text
instead of varchar; if you really want the view column to look like
it's a varchar you can do

('sync:///Note/SyncNotes/' || nt_note_name || '/'