Re: psql documentation one liner

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql documentation one liner
Date: 2004-02-10 08:20:59
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
>> This just clears up one aspect of variable handling in psql.
>> [ "variable names are case-sensitive" ]

> I honestly wonder why this is suddenly of so much interest.

I think it's reasonable to document the behavior, especially seeing that
psql is at the intersection of traditionally-case-sensitive Unix and
traditionally-not-case-sensitive SQL. It is not instantly obvious which
behavior should be expected.

I take no position on whether this is the best way to document it...