Survey of large databases

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Survey of large databases
Date: 2003-11-20 13:39:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I ran across this link, it's a list of "the worlds largest databases".
http://www.wintercorp.com/vldb/2003_TopTen_Survey/TopTenWinners.asp

Now, according to our FAQ, somebody out there has a 32 TB database, so
ISTM we ought to be able to get PostgreSQL added to this list. I looked
over the qualifications, and the only stickler I see is that it must be
a "commercial implementation", which seems a little vague, but I think
we have a few foreign telecoms using PostgreSQL in a commercial setting
that would qualify for this. Here's the full requirements in case anyone
is interested in following up (since none of my implementations are
quite that large... yet :) )
http://www.wintercorp.com/VLDB/2003_TopTen_Survey/TopTenProgram.html

Robert Treat